(a) Format of Request.
(1) All requests for waivers made pursuant to WSSC 1.70.070 shall be in writing addressed to the Board of Ethics, c/o Office of Internal Audit, 14501 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel, Maryland 20707.
(2) The request for waiver shall include the signature, address, and telephone number of the requestor and shall state the facts and circumstances upon which the request is based.
(b) Review Procedures.
(1) Each request for waiver made pursuant to WSSC 1.70.070 shall be acknowledged by the Board of Ethics or its designee in writing within 15 business days of receipt. The acknowledgment shall set forth the circumstances, as stated in WSSC 1.70.070, under which the identity of the person requesting the waiver may be revealed.
(2) The Board of Ethics, or its designee, may request that additional information be provided to the Board regarding the request for waiver. In addition, the Board may require the person requesting the waiver to appear at a Board of Ethics meeting. The person may be represented by counsel in connection with the appearance.
(c) Issuance of Opinion.
(1) The Board of Ethics shall respond to the person requesting the waiver in writing no later than 60 days from the date the Board received the request. If the Board is unable to issue its opinion in 60 days, it shall notify the requestor in writing, explaining the reason(s) for the delay and stating an expected issuance date.
(2) If the request for waiver is granted, the Board shall publish the written decision granting the waiver, including the name of the person who requested the waiver, on the WSSC website.