(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Commission or WSSC” means the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.
(1) “Employee” means a WSSC:
(i) Appointed official; and
(ii) Merit system, probationary, contract, temporary, part-time, and full-time employee.
(2) “Employee” does not include a consultant employed by a vendor.
(1) “Entity” means a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, joint partnership, or a nonprofit organization.
(2) “Entity” includes any officer, director, partner, joint venture, affiliate, employee, or contractor of the entity.
(1) “Office” or “OIG” means the Office of the Inspector General.
(2) “Office” or “OIG” includes the staff of the Office.
(1) “Retaliation” means the taking of an action, or threatening to take an action, against an employee, vendor, or employee of any vendor, for providing good faith information to, cooperating with, or in any way assisting the Office in connection with any activity under this chapter.
(2) “Retaliation” includes discipline, termination, demotion, suspension, threats, or harassment.
(1) “Vendor” means an entity obligated by contract to provide goods, services, or property to WSSC for consideration.
(2) “Vendor” includes a subcontractor to a vendor that has a contract with WSSC. (document dated July 1, 2020)