(a) The bylaws codified in this chapter may be amended or repealed, and new bylaws may be adopted.
(b) Fourteen days’ written notice shall be given of the intention to amend or repeal or to adopt new bylaws.
(1) The written notice requirement shall be satisfied if:
(i) The proposal to change is made at a regular meeting; and
(ii) There is a minimum 14-day period between the meeting at which the proposal is made and the meeting at which the matter is voted upon.
(2) Publication of notice of a meeting wherein the bylaws codified in this chapter will be amended shall conform to the meeting notice requirements of the Open Meetings Act.
(c) Publication of notice of any adopted changes to the bylaws codified in this chapter shall conform to the notice requirement set forth in the Public Utilities Article, § 17-403(b), Annotated Code of Maryland.
(d) Alterations to the bylaws codified in this chapter are by official Commission action only when all appointed Commissioners are present.
(1) Any WSSC bylaw or the provisions of any WSSC bylaw may be temporarily suspended for a meeting; provided, that the motion for suspension is carried by an affirmative vote of five members of the Commission.
(2) The bylaw or the provisions of that bylaw may be temporarily suspended for not more than two additional subsequent regular meetings or other meetings upon the affirmative vote of five members of the Commission.
(3) In the event there are only four appointed Commissioners, the provisions of subsections (e)(1) and (e)(2) of this section may be exercised by the unanimous vote of the four appointed Commissioners.